UNION LANGUAGE AND CURRENCY
10. The working languages of the Union shall be English and French.
Similarly, the working currency of the Union shall be the US dollars, but may be as decided by the Executive Council.
ENROLMENT FEES AND ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTIONS
11. Annual subscriptions from Members shall be based on the number of individual members in their organisations which
also shall reflect the number of delegates from the organisation.
The Executive Council shall have power at any time to prescribe the respective enrolment fees, annual subscriptions and other levies.
12. All annual subscriptions become due on the first day of January of each year.
13. If the annul subscription of a Member in any year is in arrears by 1st December of the previous year,
the Delegates of the member Organisation shall forfeit the right to vote in ballots although such Delegates shall be allowed
to attend the General Assembly and take part in discussions.
THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
14. The General Assembly (GA) shall consist of the Delegates of the Member organisations, together with members of the Executive Council.
15. The functions of the General Assembly shall be:
(a) to establish, control and direct the policy and affairs of the Union
(b) to elect members of the Executive Council
(c) to receive, and to approve or reject, reports and recommendations of the Executive Council
(d) to add or amend the Constitution and Bye-laws as required
(e) to initiate action to advance the objectives of the Union in line with the Constitution and Bye-laws.
16. The number of delegates which may represent each Member organisation at the General Assembly shall be proportional
to the number of individual members in that organisation, as follows:
Number of Members Number of Delegates
< 50 5
51 - 100 10
101 - 200 20
201 - 300 30
301 - 400 40
401 - 500 50
501 - 1000 100
> 1001 200
17. The General Assembly shall have its normal session at the time of the International Conference of the Union
which is normally biennially.
18. The agenda for any session of the General Assembly shall be prepared by the Executive Secretary
on behalf of the Executive Council and shall at least include:
(a) Report from the Executive Council
(b) Report from the Electoral Committee
(c) Election of members of the Executive Council
(d) Any new business presented in writing in advance of the meeting by any Delegate or
member of the Executive Council and approved by the Executive Council.
19. All individual members of the Member organisations of the Union may attend the General Assembly and participate in its discussions.
Voting in the General Assembly is restricted to:
(a) members of the Executive Council
(b) Delegates to the General Assembly
Voting shall normally be by open ballot except in the case of election of the Vice-President, the Executive Secretary and
the Financial Secretary which shall be by a secret ballot.
20. A quorum of the General Assembly shall consist of at least one Delegate from at least half the number of Member organisations.
21. The Executive Secretary or his designate shall keep the minutes of each meeting of the General Assembly.
Copies of the minutes shall be sent to all members of the General Assembly within two months of the conclusion
of the meeting for approval / amendment by postal or e-mail ballot and signed by the President.
Copies of the approved minutes shall be sent to all members of the General Assembly and Member organisations.